View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 PM

To give you what I hope is a short summary...

After going back & forth between TBI and the insurance company, we are ultimately paying out of pocket. I pleaded with the lady in the billing dept at TBI to try to get her to have the pre-certification person refile with the insurance using codes the ins co says they cover. So far nothing new has been filed with insurance. The pre-cert lady is adamant that insurance won't cover adr so just pay out of pocket or cancel. The insurance denial letter did come today & used notes from Aug 2002 to say, it isn't covered. On the phone insurance co is saying use the codes we gave you! So this isn't going anywhere.

We are borrowing on the equity in our house to pay for surgery. But, hey, at least we have some equity.

My husband & I fly to Dallas in the morning. I see Dr Zigler for another appointment on Wednesday. First thing Thursday is surgery. At least with everything going on I haven't had time to dwell on things or get too nervous.

Please wish me luck. I am taking a computer, but don't know how much I will get to do on line before surgery.

I will definitely post after surgery when I feel better.

Jane
20 years of back problems, no known specific cause
5/9/07 at Consultation Texas Back Institute, Dr. Zigler
7/5/07 Insurance struggles
7/19/07 Prodisk surgery, TBI, Dr Zigler