View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanks to all for your good wishes.

I have to be at TBI before 6 am. YUCK! I am not a morning person, but I am very glad to be first on the OR schedule for tomorrow. Plus I understand Dr. Zigler is a morning person.

I saw Dr. Zigler again today. My husband met him and really liked him too. Dr. Zigler has said we will try for the prodisk, but no promises. If he can't get the disk in then he will fuse the area. He has explained everything very well.

I had my "training session" next. I am sure a lot of the stuff they cover is to protect them from liability, but I must say it was the most extensive coverage of everything about the surgery I have ever had for any surgery. Three power point programs and then a PA explains the whole surgery, step by step, shows you a disk, the different things they can use if you have a fusion, etc. She really was thorough.

Kim, I found your comments about the handling of insurance at TBI to be right on. I guess we should take care of the insurance problem before surgery but we have decided to fight that battle post-op. We have Tricare from the military and there are many things they won't cover. Right now Tricare is quoting coverage chapter dated August 2002, so it is probably a loosing battle anyway.

Kim, Did you get your adr covered by your insurance?

I will let you all know how I make out after tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your encouragement.

Jane
20 years of back problems, no known specific cause
5/9/07 at Consultation Texas Back Institute, Dr. Zigler
7/5/07 Insurance struggles
7/19/07 Prodisk surgery, TBI, Dr Zigler