Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 03:00 AM

Harrison -
Thanks for your reply and sharing of your personal story. What a wondererful thing you have done and are continuing to do with your work to support other spinal disease victims. I do not know if anything was done in regards to the spinal cyst. I do know biosipies were done on some of the infections although in 2005 it was still early in the game for community acquired MRSA and I was so near death that I am surprised I know as much as I do. I was treated at Dallas Presbyterian in Dallas, Texas and am very lucky to still be alive. I honestly was not aware of the correlation between the previous microbes and disc degeneration until my current surgeon mentioned it and I did slight research afterward. How very interesting. I think I will be having a normal discectomy and fusion, am scheduled for Jan 23rd.

Ironically I found pain relief from an unlikely source and have had some good sleep the past couple days over the weekend. In preparation for the upcoming procedure I began taking Chhantix to stop smoking and it put me to sleep and I awoke relatively pain free how ironic. I am still looking forward to the surgery and moving forward from there!

Thanks again,
-SD

Bulging herniation disc C-6:C-7 2010 to Current:
Multiple Steroid injections epidural for severe Ridiculopathy right scapula, shoulder, elbow to fingers.

Prodisc-C implantation C6-7 Jan 23, 2014