View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 12:13 AM

The reason that Tricare won't pay for the surgery and I can have it done at a military hospital is because they are two different worlds. The reason that I can have it done at madgan is because the doctors need to keep their skills sharp for the men coming back from the middle east. The only cost that I will have to pay out of my pocket is the plane ticket for the consultion, I will be staying at the base hotel which is alot cheaper then downtown, I will have to rent a car at the airport, and pay for food while I'm there. When I go for the actual surgery, hubby and I will be driving stopping at fairchild air force for the night and then on to Madgan. Which we will have to pay for all travel expences any time we go to Madgan. The surgery and all the tests pertaining to the surgery will be paid for by the government. Right now a round trip ticket to seattle is running 255.00, I don't know about what the rental car is going to run. Hopefully this first trip should be under 500.00. The one that will cost the most is when I have surgery. I want to thank everyone for their replies. Cathy