View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 AM

I think you should probably take a southwest flight down to LA and meet with Dr. Bae or Dr.Kropf, if they are in your insurance plan. And perhaps Dr. Regan who has a separate practice outside of LA Spine Instit.

And if you can also go down to San Diego, meet with Dr. Peppers or Dr. Westerlund, both at Core Orthopaedics. I had surgery with Dr. Westerlund. I picked San Diego because I used to live there and felt more comfortable in a more familiar area where I have friends to help me in my recovery before I flew home. I really liked Dr. Westerlund and Dr. Dandan (vascular surgeon) but I did not like my hospital experience at all. There were too few people at the hospital that were truly helpful and compassionate. So I have mixed feeling whether to recommend SD as a option. If you end up having surgery at Scripps Encinitas, you must have someone to stay with you as much as possible in the hosp room to help you. I can be more specific if and when you find out you'll be there.

Just look these drs up on the internet and call their offices to see if they do what you need and whether they accept your insurance, and check to make sure the respective hospitals accept your insurance.

I know there is someone up in SF but I do not recall their name and what the opinion was about them. You could do a search using "San Francisco" as your search criteria and see what you find.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop