View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 04:28 PM

Well, I have Pacificare that was bought out or merged with or some such **&()(* with UHC. I am now working on my second appeal for the pre-auth with the help of my surgeon.

The whole thing has got me so fried - like we don't have enough to worry about with just plain living at this point!

I never can get a friggin straight answer with anyone I talk to at Pacificare. They send me to customer service who sends me to medical management who sends me back, etc. You get the pic.

The other thing that fries me is that the ADR is actually cheaper than the fusion. Let's figure for my surgeon it's an outpatient surgery - 23 hrs in facility and then home. For my fusion, I was in the hospital for 6 days. The hardware is a little more expensive for ADR vs fusion, but less complications.

OMG, when are they going to wake up? My surgeon is actually using this argument with them as I faxed over the hospital bills from my fusion which I'm sure is more now as it was a 3 years ago I think. Plus, the Charite' people are helping with figures and statistics on the surgery being pre-auth'd and ultimately covered in the past which has set a precidence.

I just pray that by the time the whole thing is done and I AM APPROVED, that it's not too late for the other discs. I can tell by the day that the others are becoming more problematic.

GRRRRRRRRRRR, how I hate my future being in the hands of some hot shot adjuster sitting behind the desk skiing on the weekends and doing whatever the heck he wants while I'm not sleeping or living even a half-way normal life.

Sorry - just a little rant.
PLIF L5/S1 - hdwr removed when C6/7 revision
PLIF L4/5 & Dynesys L3/4 10/10/06. Looking forward to living again.