View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:36 PM

Default Frustrating frustrating !!

Jeff, yes I would imagine that you would have done your homework for sure. You are very versed on all of options, doctors, topics, etc...

I feel like the cervical sector would be more difficult when removing the prodisc because of an overall smaller space. Funny that it is more dangerous to remove the Prodisc from the lumbar area. But i guess a ton more bone growth occurs in the larger Lumbar sections.

I am finding myself simply pushing this surgery (or the thought of it) off because I am a chicken. I would be so heartbroken if I tried this prodisc removal and it didn't work out and I was paralyzed or lost feeling in my arms or hands, etc... It is such a frustrating 50/50 decision. But I keep also thinking that if I do this now at 35, it will better than at 36 or 40 or even beyond. Ahhh, I just want to scream. My mother is of course trying to prevent me from even considering another surgery...but of course people in our lives do not understand the current pain that we endure every second and how much that pain effects the quality of our life each day. If you are like me, you have learned through about a year of complaining and begging (2010), that people actually start to avoid you and you actually lose friends when you need them most. People create space from us when we are hurting, because they don't know what to say or how to help. So, I have become a master at not even bringing up my pain and hiding it from the outside World. I remember meeting people and within 15 mintues, I was discussing my neck and the pain, the doctor, the technology, etc... And although not terrible, the agony was defining me.

On aonther note...Christina I thought that you were certainly out of the woods. What have your symptoms been? Did you just go for a checkup and this neurosurgeon noticed the misplaced M6 or were you suffering and made an appt? I remember talking with you and you were so happy...that stinks that you are hurting again. We should chat again 702-812-8749. Jeff feel free to call as well.

Thanks guys and everyone.
Ruptured C5/C6 June 2010. Rushed into Prodisc surgery July 1, 2010. Month after installation, symptoms came back and new more intense pain. Fought all year for help. July 6, 2011 received fusion-revision on top of Prodisc - John's Hopkins. Numbness went away in hands, but pain still remains. Doctor's all say "Life of Pain Management" forever. Trying to endure life through the fog of pain and meds and procedures. New hope is now Neurotransmitter "TENS" unit implanted into neck at C5/C6.