View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 07:48 PM

You raise some interesting issues. The first question is whether these other people with the "same" insurance really have the "same" plan. I'm assuming these other people on Oxford work for different companies... that's sort of their out...if you work for different companies...it's hard to prove that all of you have the exact same plan with each respective company. There are so many combinations depending on size of employer and what kinds of options are selected by the employer, i.e.; hmo, ppo, open access, hsa, self-insured plans, etc, amount of premiums, deductibles, and perhaps even coverage differences???

As far as reimbursement for the surgery...I was told that my insurer would pay for a fusion but when it's a combo with ADR...there's very little they would cover.

Now I don't understand why the preauth codes are different than the codes on your bill? Have you asked your dr's office about this?

seems like you need to fight this a little further. Do you have documentation from these other people that shows Oxford paid for a larger percentage of surgery? will they let you use their statements to fight your claim? Maybe you need to see an attorney.

Also...have you sent your story to Harrison (email address deleted by Harrison) this is another insurance problem that should be included with the rest of our stories!

best of luck..sorry I can't help you with more specifics.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop