View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 07:51 PM

Default My experience was very bad.

I had surgery with Dr. B on L3-S1 and it ruined my life, but that is just me. If I could turn back time, I would have done a hybrid here in the states. 2 of the 3 subsided and I was discarded after spending nearly 60k. I was young and active and now can't sit or lay down with pain in my legs. I am much worse off and now need a revision. I will leave it at that. I am getting about 5-6 opinions and hoping to find the best surgeon to help reverse what he did. I know of quite a few people who had bad experiences with Dr. B, but then again, I hear if they are good, they don't come on here. I am just letting you know that my experience has destroyed my life, but it might be perfect for you. No refunds, no gaurantees and the followup for me was awful. I had to have a layperson tell me my discs were subsiding as his assistant overlooked it and he does not do his own follow-ups. Just a risk you have to take. I fell through the cracks and am now being told by 2 doctors they all need to be fused. If I was you, I would continue research for someone in the states. There are plenty of very qualified surgeons in the USA. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrak View Post
Hi, I'm Kendra a 34 year old female in Washington State. I've had back problems for 19 years after a car accident and discetomy of L4/L5. Now after having a beautiful baby boy I am in so much pain. My Neurosurgeon recommends ADR and I had a fusion secheduled, but he told me if I was his daugher, he wouldn't do the surgery. I've read good stories and horror stories. I'm so scared, but I can't live this way any longer.

My surgery is Feb. 2nd. Do you have any words of wisdom for me? I have Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield and I have Group Health insurance. I will work on appealing both. Does anyone have any good letters they can send me. Of course, I will go to all the right places, but....

Good luck to all of you who read this, it's not a fun road but at least we have each other.

K