View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Default a suggestion

Well here's a no brainer we should all agree on...

send your reps a copy of the FEHB policy that prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage on the ground that a drug or device is "experimental or investigational" after FDA approval. At least so long as it's being used as intended.

I have sent a copy of this federal insurance policy to my congressmen and senators repeatedly. I've asked that this policy become the law of the land for all health insurance policies, whether federal, public or private! IF you want to send a copy, google: "US Office of Personnel Management, Office of Insurance Programs, FEHB Program Carrier Letter, All Carriers, Letter No. 2001-27 dated August 27, 2001."

Harrison re your point of a mandatory insurance reform... that's why the public option should be revived! If you want to require health insurance like car insurance then we need a public option were corp profits is taken out of the picture so the costs go down within the public option, but then helps drive down costs of private plans in order to keep them competitive.

We still need to get rid of pre existing conditions...and make sure that insurers cannot charge 3x the cost if there is a pre existing condition. Making insurance 3x as expensive is really the same as denying somone insurance if that became the republican and blue dog driven "compromise."

Ignore the made up teabag rhetoric of death panels and the like. Right now we have death panels. People are dying because it's a financial loss for insurers to pay claims. Their incentive is not to pay claims. That's a death panel, or a least a cattle prod to long term disability.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop