View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Jarrod,

Whew! I'm glad you did some research rather than just blindly letting the referred neurosurgeon fuse your neck into a 2x4. I hope that you find an ADR that works for you. Which device do you intend on pursuing for ADR?

I'd never heard of Dr Rajakumar and so 'googled' him just now. Among other things I found this link which was created by one of his American patients as a kind of chronology/blog of his experience in India. He seems to have had an outstanding outcome.

I did the medical tourism thing to Spain for a double ADR in Nov '09. I have had a better outcome than I could have ever hoped for, and I do it again in the same situation. While I have a little different view of medical tourism than Harrison, I want to ditto some of Harrison's concerns regarding medical tourism. Be aware that it is replete with risks that you wouldn't encounter by staying in your own country (presumably the US).

And yes, please keep us informed, especially if you do end up going to Bangalore. I'm wondering ... how do you get to India from Dallas? Do you go east or west?

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011