Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks everyone. I am going to seek out other opinions. I want to see if I can go to someone who is much more experienced in ADR surgery, than the first surgeon that I saw. I am not ruling him out, but I want to get what I can feel is an "expert" opinion.

Speaking of which, what number of ADR surgeries should a surgeon have done in his/her career (or per year) to be enough that you would consider them to be worthy of full faith in their abilities?

I did have a nice cry last night, and talked to my boyfriend, partly at the same time . He was very supportive, and said that he is not planning on going anywhere, and is there to support me in whatever decision I make. He did say that he would try to help sort out information, though I don't know how much time he will have for that sort of thing. He has been very good about taking me to appointments that I couldn't do alone, and I expect that will continue.

He also told me not to worry about the financial aspect of this, that there are ways to come up with any amount of money (well within reason) that we might need. It might require some belt-tightening, and he told me I couldn't get mad if he wasn't around as much due to working more. He wants to make sure that he is as indispensable as possible, and will pick up as many extra shifts (at his second job as a bar-tender) as he can.

All in all, I am feeling much better emotionally at least, since last night. I think I just got overly-emotional, and the added pain after the appointment didn't help. Why oh why do they have such horrible non-supportive chairs in waiting rooms?
L5-S1 Mild disc degeneration with dessication, minimal disc bulging.

PT/medication/acupuncture/ESI's/facet injection

Discogram 12/3/08 confirmed L4/L5 & L5/S1 as pain generators.