View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM

Yeah, leave it to me to have an interesting life.

Originally, it was hoped that I would have the facet block done before my pre-surgical testing on 1/8. Problem was, the pain mgmt. doc only had an appointment available for the same week as my other testing. So it is possible that the pre-certification hasn't started yet.

The doctor's office is aware that I want ADR. Their billing manager assured me that she would do everything in her power to get me approved for ADR surgery. If it fails, then the decision is up to me to do nothing, go for fusion, or pay for ADR out of pocket. She told me that they would work with me on this.

Now what I'm curious about is why neither of these 2 NYC OS's said anything about my SBO. I had a few docs point it out to me on x-rays & sure enough, there is a small patch of bone missing. I'll have to remember to ask his PA if he agrees with that diagnosis & see if that's a problem. I've been told that it wouldn't disqualify my from ADR. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I don't think I'll be punching anyone out tomorrow. I actually like the pain mgmt. doc. Poor guy is always getting grief from me by either pulling away in pain or getting "owww owww owww" yelled at him. He has to be one of the nicest docs I have ever met. A real wise guy too = )
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09