View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 11:51 AM

Hi. I'm starting to use Pilates machines for back stabilization - in conjunction with sit-ups, assuming what I think the Cobra position (a no-no post ADR), etc.

I nearly died on the Pilates machines at the beginning level yesterday. Too bad insurance pays for only 22 visits. I'm actually impressed by this LA fad. One exercise works the quads but if you have knee problems, you'll feel it.

Will have to revert to mat Pilates afterwards. My PT says not to do any aerobics yet as I'm not stabilized. I don't know if I'll ever be w/spondy-whatever-that-is. So I'm chewing my arms in the meantime. Heck, I can't even tread water with my arms in deep water - let alone kick up and down. I'm tempted to have one final good run and ruin it all.

I suggest this under a good PT's care and I'm certain that many here have had/still use some techniques post-ADR.

Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.