View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:06 PM

Well before thus happened in december I was eating decently (not perfect, certainly not raw or organic, but mostly cooking my own food) but was in great overall fitness. Actually the more serious symptoms started the day after a personal record bench press. Didn't expect it to possibly be my last at any rate. I ran about 3x a week (ran track and xc in HS and college) as well as the gym every 2/3 days. I was training for a race called the Arnold swarschennegar (sp?) Pump and Run. Bench press then run a race.

Since the injury I've gone into a pretty severe depression to be honest, since I've decided this might not just go away with conservative care. I do my stretches and go for walks every day to get juices flowing, but overall my diet has gone far downhill because I dont have the motivation to cook and am too upset to think about eating on bad days. So I'd say my diet is really bad right now. I do drink tons of water every day.

With regards to my MRI and X Rays, my x ray was about as good as can be. The MRI found a mild bulging disc right at the nerve root to my right arm C6-C7. I will attach a still when I get to my computer. The first surgeon said its not a big deal, mild arthritic disc bulge, keep living life how you were. I saw him during a time I thought it was getting better, so I decided I wouldn't go back to working out but would keep being conservative until it got better. It stayed the same and some weeks feels worse, so I got a second opinion. He said that if it were him he wouldn't consider surgery yet at all, and sent me to PT. I spoke with him about ADR and he said we will discuss after my round of PT, and said it might still improve.

That's basically my story. I've been lurking these boards for quite some time but held off joining because it kind of felt like once I joined it was admitting conservative care failed. Hence the lame username Haha, I was originally not planning on sticking around for long, but it seems like I just might. And I certainly don't mind questions, I'm just glad to have some sort of supportive community.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130316_200958.jpg (83.2 KB, 43 views)
Kept lifting weights heavily, running daily until December when woke up with radiculopathy in right arm and constant back/neck pain.
Tried PT around March/April. No effect.
Currently consulting surgeons and trying to figure out money.

Last edited by ADRADR; 04-27-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Attached MRI