View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Hey Mary,

I am 52 and had a Maverick disk implanted 1-12-2007. I also have a 20 year old daughter and will speak to you just as I would to her. First of all, be patient and make sure you make the right decision. Two level ADR just hasn't been done too often in the US, but if both disks are bad at your age and you want to remain active you should research getting both of them replaced. ADR surgery is a major operation and leaves scare tissue which can make future operations in the same area much more difficult and dangerous. I would expect that you will see many posts to your questions and if there is a two level clinical trial going on in the US maybe someone could direct you to it. A good person for you to speak with would be Sue Hart. She has had both Charite and Maverick disks implanted, has daughters about your age, and has alot of professional experiance with horses. She was working with Stenum Hospital when I had my ADR done and I'm sure you could reach her through stenumhospital.com.

The best advice I can give you is to keep a positive attitude, do your research, and don't jump at the first idea you hear. If you do it won't be long until you will have your "normal life back".

Best of Luck,
Grizz

L4-L5 replaced with Maverick 1-12-2007
MVA 9-2005
Microdiscectomy 7-2005