View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 AM

Hi Mary. I'm sure sorry to hear you are already having significant spine pain. I rode horses too, from the age of 6 and started developing back pain at 13 and had to go to the chiropractor 3 times a week for a year. I've had back pain and subsequent neck problems ever since. On horses, I was fearless and pretty much a maniac. I'd watch the Olympics and try the high jumping. Taught my horse to canter on his own in a circle and I'd stand on him with one leg, the other up in the air, etc. Consequently, I landed on the ground a lot, probably about 300 times. Have you landed on the ground a lot? I'm guessing you have - I think everyone who rides a lot falls of at least to some degree. You may have injured yourself on one of your falls - I did, as x-rays showed evidence of trauma 30 years later, but I was never aware of that as a kid. I don't know what to recommend to you - the one thing I'd be concerned about regarding ADR at your age is that the expected life span of the disc is about 40 years and re-do surgery is difficult. I also know about the domino effect with fusion - this happened to me. I sure wish you every success, with whichever treatment you decide on. Please let us know how you're doing and what you decide to do.
Onset of severe fibromyalgia in 6/95, undiagnosed for 2 years while lived in UK
About 1998 o