View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Default NuVasive XL TDR

Thanks for chiming in Jeff. I appreciate the info. I went to see Dr. Eric Spayde who is participating in the Nuvasive clinical trial. He also does a few ADR's a month using the prodisc. His practice is called the conejo spine institute in thousand oaks, CA.
He did an in depth eval and looked at both my MRI and Xray and said he would recommend ADR. I asked him about the retrolithesis and he said he wanted to take a new xray. he said there was no evidence of retrolithesis and that the vert was lined perfectly. It was also not noted by the radiologist from the MRI or from my second opinion at the Watkins Institute, so at this point i am not worried about that. After reviewing my info and filling out the extensive packet it looks as tho I am an ideal candidate for the study. I am awaiting final approval now. this surgery is new in that they go in from the side and most patients go home the same day or spend one night in the hospital. i have been reading results from other patients in the study and they are all raving except one.
So right now I am weighing my options. I did get an eval from Dr. Bertagnoli and he also recommended a single level adr.
Right now I am feeling optomistic and excited as I have been suffering from a bit of depression.
2010 extreme sciatica
2010 discectomy/laminectomy
2011 extreme lower back pain sciatica on both sides but more on the right.
taking dicloflonic, soma and hydrocodone
NuVasive clinical trial with Dr. Eric Spayde
10-21-2011 XL TDR surgery anterior incision right side
With discectomy revision on left side