View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Banned

OK Jenny,
For this surgery to go thru the Human Right's Commmittee and every other committee for the approval to be done as a compassionate case and with FDA approval - there's a lot of heads to roll for giving an "OK" for surgery to be done on a person that has no clinical indication to have such a surgery done...

There are so many other factors that would make the surgeons look at your case differently than someone such as myself in terms of your continuing to work out at the level you did ...

Your history as a police officer actively working the streets and need to stay physically in shape with such job requirements..

Your virgin spine vs. one that has had surgery with either good or bad results

The relatively recent onset of your injury..

I too was videotaped long ago because I rode a bike to work (in SF to UCSF)~
And then before my 2nd surgery I was going to a gym and had mentioned that somewhere and all I heard about by WC was the fact that I "worked out" - "went to the gym"..

It sounds like you were set up from the moment you became injured or were seen by a doctor for your injury, whichever, like your employer had it in for you even before you ever mentioned being on the meds and exercising so then w/the exercising/med stuff they felt they have food for fodder...

Anything you said, that was documented re the exercise (and even if the records have been conveniently lost- the docs under testimony will remember your case and your statements about exercise as would any RN or NP/PA that youv'e seen )which something had to have been plus the fact these docs at UCSF weren't going to put their licenses on the line to do "experimental surgery" on someone that didn't need it - this is going to be the info that will fight those charges strongly.