View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:57 AM

I'm back from my visit with Dr. Guyer at the T.B.I. in Plano, TX. I am a candidate for the Kineflex Clinical Trials. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 19th.

Dr. Guyer said that 2/3 of his patients will be receiving the Kineflex ADR and the other 1/3 will receive the Charite ADR.

Make sure you bring in a discogram that is no more than 8 months old otherwise they will ask you to get another one done. Also, bring in an MRI that is no more than 8 months old along with x-rays, and bone density dexa-scan if you are a female. I have to have another dexa-scan done because mine was 11 months old.

After you see the doctor and they qualify you the office will schedule you to come back two weeks before your surgery to have a brace fitted for you and to give you pre-op information. You will then be scheduled to come back a week before the surgery to have blood work done (you can also have you primary physician do this). Follow-up visits will be scheduled 2 weeks pre-op, one month pre-op, 6 months pre-op, 1 year and 2 years (if my memory serves me correctly).

Hope this helps!