View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 AM

Mike,
Further to, I never contacted Dr. Clavel directly I went through the Ritter-Lang contact, perhaps nievly thinking the rep, well, represented both doctors. Ie. if I went with the Ritter-Lang organization I could choose the doctor I wanted to go with, which would have been Clavel. I ruled out Spain because of the riots over the austereiour measures. Didn't want the hospital staff go on strike while I was there.
And yes, I thought about going to a warmer climate, a romantic city, and great scenery, but it came down to, I need my back to get better, and that was my number one goal. I eliminated all those nice things and focused on what I needed done.
That being said, post op, with my recovery going well we spent a few days in Paris. If you think you might add a bit of a holiday to your stay, I think tpatti and laurab have great ideas. It was cheaper for us to do a side trip rather than rearrange our initial flight arrangements departing from Dusseldorf. Saw the eiffiel tower and went to the Luge. Although it wasnt easy. But we got through it.
Remember on your flights let the the airline know you are disabled. They will pick you up at the plane and take you to the next gate.
If you want IM me and I'll send you the pics I took of Hattegin and Medicos.