View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Default Natural Remedies

Christine, interesting post on the pine bark. Cool!

There was an interesting conversation on glucosamine a while back, see this one. This is one of several, but it gets into some of the most common disagreements on efficacy.

On other dietary matters, I’ve become increasingly focused on the importance of a nutritious diet rich in fresh vitamins, natural amino acids and especially enzymes. I’ve found noticeable benefits associated with my intake of natural enzyme juices which I buy from several sources.

I recently purchased a wonderful book that goes into the nuts and bolts of “healing with nutrition,” perhaps you’ve seen or skimmed through the “Prescription for Nutritional Healing” by Phyliss Balch, CNC. It’s a great resource that has many pages on diets for certain conditions; e.g. back pain, arthritis, gout, inflammation, etc. Also, if you care to look more into the alternative aspects of healing with enzymes, some of Anthony Cichoke’s books deal specifically with back pain.

You may be able to find these books in your library or through your extended library network.

Hope this helps.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate