View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 07:08 AM

Sorry in advance for this long post.
I also have questions I sent my invoices for the fusion portion only to Cigna back in the end of December. I finally heard about two weeks ago that they were dening the claim due to artifical discs being experimental. First I never sent them anything that was for the disc, all invoices were for the fusion portion of the bill. I had the disc invoces separately and did not send this invoices. How did they find out that the surgery also included the artifical discs?
I then called and I am only allowed to talk to customer service and not anyone that actually reviews the file, I believe this is wrong due to my circumtances looking only for payment for fusion. I had explained to her that fusion surgery has been done for years and it is not experiemental and asked what they needed from me know. She told me any doctor opinions notes etc. I then forwarded the medically necessary letter my state side doctor wrote (Dr. Yue) along with another doctor findings recommended a three level fusion to them. I also explained that I do have another invoice which I did not send for the discs and that I was only looking for payment for the fusion portion. I really never received any response from her, she only .
said they would review the information I provided.
Now yesterday I received a letter from them asking me if Dr. Yue is authorized to represent me in making this appeal. If so do nothing and if I do I will not have another opportunity to appeal the initial coverage decision following the completion of the two level appeal process. If I revoke the authorization for Dr. Yue to represent me before the aapeal process I then can pursue any remaining appeal rights, whatever that means.
does anyone understand this or have any suggestions as to what action i should do?
Thank you in advance for listening and any suggestions you might have.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06