View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 AM

Smile

Hi afhstock, thank you for your answers. It sounds like we did a lot of same research. I am assuming you met with Dr Lauryssen in person. I was considering phone consult but I think in person would be better. Did you tell him you were considering these other surgeons( Dr Clavel and Dr Harrisson). If so was he willing to give you advice without being offended? ( as many others surgeons I have met do).
I believe the polymer is mixture of silicone and polyurethane and possibly one othe ingredient for freedom disc. I had the papers but they are not in front of me now. My concern for freedom disc is the bonding between the titanium and the polymer. If it should fail it seems like could be catastrophic. Also I almost wonder if the wedge design helps or hurts? Would it be more physiologic or would it create more facet problems? There are less pt reports since it is newer.
I have spoken via email to Dr Burkhard Rishcke in Zurich Switzerland and he is doing first cervical cases with freedom trial in Europe. He has used M6 as well and says he prefers the Freedom. But I know that is just one mans opinion.
The M6 seems to have best track record but there is small concern of wear debris from the polyethylene annulus fibers rubbing together and they could be released if the outer sheath were to break.
All in all both look like good products and right now I am leaning toward the m6 due to more experience with it both pts and surgeons.
Two level cervical for Freedom with Dr Rishcke is between 30,000 and 40,000 as preliminary quote. Did you get any figures from Harrison versus Laurryssen versus Clavel? Thanks