Thread: New here..
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Hello to all.

I'm new to this site but not really new to back pain or pain in general. Thought I would introduce myself as I am researching the prodisc procedure that i am due to have.

I am 29 and have had back pain for over 3 years which was only dx as a slipped disc last year on an MRI after months of physio, hydro and pilates based exercises.

I also suffer fron Lupus, arthritis, kidney disease, chronic lung disease... etc etc ( the list is quite long!) Resulting in mobility problems with my joints & muscles. I live with some level of pain everyday which hasnt anything to do with my back so my dilemma is...
Will I make a good enough recovery to justify having surgery in the 1st place? I used a stick to walk even before I slipped the disc so what are my chances of returning to normal..(well normal for me that is) Being on a long list of drugs which include steroids and immunosuppressents will mean i heal very slowly and am at greater risk of infection.

Dr. says i'm a good candidate for the prodisc implant but I really want to make an informed decision on this so any commemts will be much appreciated!!