View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Zorrow, can the US hire Tommy? Is the Canadian system comparable to the US population in terms of demographics and disease? I don’t think so for a long list of reasons.

Sorry for not addressing all the good points in this topic and going for Zorrow’s jugular. Zorrow, I am usually with you 110%, but not on this crucial issue. If you read my posts on this topic, you’ll be bored – but here goes anyway with my two cents.

US Taxpayers cannot afford any permutation of universal healthcare, as:

- We citizens are financing two wars and our "treasure chest" is broke;
- Our leaders are raiding the US treasury to finance Freddie and Fannie failures;
- Social security for baby boomers? Are you serious?!
- Government continues to grow larger and larger, which defies logic and any accounting (seriously; try finding where the $ is spent);
- Government (repubs and dems) are great at talking, but cannot plan, execute and deliver any multivariate plan, especially healthcare;
- Any new system will still involve for-profit empires like BCBS, as we Taxachusetts folk have learned.

Please don’t support a plan that only worsens our problems! Unless, that is, we really have some glimmer of hope (AKA tangible plan) that some leader can actually deliver on the hundreds of projects that must be delivered along with the ethereal dream of universal health care.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate