View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM

Thank you all for the information and advice. It sounds like I have A LOT to consider, not that I thought this would be an easy decision by any means. I hadn't actually thought about the DDD process and the fact that eventually it will be too late for ADR and I'll be very limited in my options so thanks for that huge piece of knowledge. I'll be interested to find out what my latest MRI shows since it's been a year since my last one. If the process is moving along rapidly, that may be a strong decision factor while I still have a job, insurance, etc.

I've started doing some research on devices realizing that my options are extremely limited in the US due to FDA approvals. Where can I find information about comparisons and benefits of each, success rates, failure rates, etc.? I've looked through the surgery forum but it seems most on there are recent in their experience with the various implants.

Also, I'm still digging through all of the great information on here but is there a section that addresses insurance claim approvals, denials, etc.? I have UnitedHealthcare PPO and it's excellent insurance but have seen that for the Prodisc-L, it's not covered. My Dr said he could of course appeal but I'm wondering what that success rate is for UHC.

Thank you all again for the information and support!!

Kurt
39 yr old male