View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srajan0929 View Post
Hey Kurt you can slow down your progression of DDD by taking heavy doses of glucosamine. It's been shown clinically that for early degeneration glucosamine has reversed the degeneration while for the late degeneration,it didn't make it any worse or better. In other words, glucosamine inhibited the degeneration. 3 levels is pretty huge surgery. More than likely, your treating doc would consider fusion plus ADR. It makes no sense to get ADR at L5-S1 as you have no motion at that level anyways and there has been evidence that fusion at lowest level does not cause adjacent levelDDD.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely consider that...what's one more pill, right?

The interesting thing in all of this is none of the Dr's that I've seen have been concerned about any other level other than L5-S1. I've questioned what the MRI report said but the two neuros I've seen have both said that at my age, a certain amount of "bulging" is normal. The other levels are not actually ruptured like L5-S1 and the discs are hydrated with normal height.

I got my MRI results from Monday a short time ago. Not much has changed in a year but for some reason the neurosurgeon wants to see me back in the office. I have no idea what that's about but at least I'm armed with a little more information on ADR and some questions for him.
39 yr old male