View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 01:47 PM

Yep, snow storm expected to begin sometime later this afternoon. The are predicting like up to 6 inches here. But, I think it will be more like 2-4. Sometimes they exaggerate a bit. Then after today, the temperatures are going to really go down. Christmas day, the highs will be like in the teens and the low around -2. (Farenheight that is)....So, I think this snow is going to be hanging out for awhile.

I like the snow if there is enough to like have fun with it like snomobile or something like that. (something that I have only done once in my life and was only a short ride) OR go sledding (yes there are a couple places up here on the plains we can do this)... However, after Christmas, I think it can all just melt away. - I know wishful thinking.

So, for me today that means getting some grocery shopping done for Christmas Day so that I don't have to push grocery carts through the snow. Not easy to do with a good back. Those spineys living up this way - be extra careful walking outside! Also, some last minute Christmas items to pick up too. -perhaps one or two more things.

Also, managed to get a 9 foot tree up in the last week. It is the 2nd tree I had to put up because the last one we got was missing some parts - soooo we ended up taking it back (It was a 6 ft tree.) The 9 foot is MUCH BIGGER than what I thought it was! (the 6 foot tree looked like nothing compared to this one) I have ran out of ornaments for it and only have the visible side decorated. Though, I'm sure to figure something out. I can't reach the top of it to put the star on (standing on a step ladder and I am fairly tall at 5'7). So the hubster is going to have to take care of that issue.

Then tonight, it is X-mas cookie baking and of course making some dog biscuits for our puppies. (My brother and I have no children - yet - so our dogs are our "children") - Soo, the holiday is really going to keep us busy through Christmas weekend anyways. My husband and I will be holding Christmas at our house this year because of our house size and location. Soooo, 6 up to 10 adults, 3 dogs, & 2 cats, one baby on the way - NO, it is not mine -> my sister in law is expecting). Should be interesting. Especially, with all of the food hanging around.

Anyways, I thought I would share some of my X-mas plans even though it was sort of hard for me to get in the mood for it (especially when all of the marketing begins in October). But now, as the season approaches us - and thinking back over the past year - It makes me realize all of the things we have been through. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for.

I would love to hear some other members X-mas plans and what they have been up to in order to prepare for it. Also, any spiney tips would be helpful too.
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!