View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 PM

According to The Obesity Society, more than 64% of U.S. citizens are overweight (defined as a BMI above 25), more than 30% are considered obese (defined as a BMI above 30 when 18-24 is considered healthy) -- and childhood obesity has tripled in the past 30 years! Studies by American Sports Data indicate that 3.8 million people in this country weigh over 300 pounds -- and over 400,000 people carry 400+ pounds on their frame. And the U.S. Surgeon General reports that obesity is responsible for 300,000 deaths every year in this country. The average American walks less than five miles a week, eats more fast-food meals than home cooked, and weighs 20-30 pounds more than his counterpart in Europe, Asia, Canada, or any other part of the world.

Most Diabetes is of the type II variety which is directly related to BMI.

I carry more cheeseburgers and chocolate than I would like but I don’t blame anyone but myself. Neither do I look for the government to fix it. I could go on but sounds like facts are giving way to personal attacks. Maybe we might be better to end our discussion.

I’m definitely not God, not even with a little “g”. I’m just pointing out facts freely available to those willing to look. God never promised us a smooth flight, just a soft landing.
Had minimally invasive PLIF with internal fixation on 12/28/09 for isthmic spondylolisthesis of L5-S1 (TDR contra-indicated) DDD at L3-4 & L4-5, All L-Spine doing well. Episodes of no pain at all. After being relatively pain free for 4 months, C-Spine gave up. MRI due 11-1