View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 PM

I read a report today that said fuzzy math was used to make the current bill revenue neutral. The government currently borrows money from future Medicare collections to pay bills today, sort of like regular people use a credit card. The thing is the proposed bill, according to the CBO, spends the same Medicare money twice making the bill not revenue neutral but a deficit. Some Senators said they would not vote for a Bill that was not revenue neutral. I don't fully understand all the levels of voting in the Senate but I thought they had 60 votes already cast.

There is so much not to like from both liberal and conservative sides of the issue. You would think that anything that involved 1 trillion dollars would be thoroughly examined before the vote. Why the rush?
Had minimally invasive PLIF with internal fixation on 12/28/09 for isthmic spondylolisthesis of L5-S1 (TDR contra-indicated) DDD at L3-4 & L4-5, All L-Spine doing well. Episodes of no pain at all. After being relatively pain free for 4 months, C-Spine gave up. MRI due 11-1