View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 AM

Default what do symptoms feel like?

I last posted a year and a half ago and I'm still struggling with the question of what are the physical symptoms from progressing spinal stenosis. I am starting to feel a kind of "Charley Horse" soreness inside my upper leg muscles but am not certain it's caused by the stenosis. Has anyone else experienced that? If so, is it related to your condition and what happens next? What will it feel like as it gets more severe? When is it "time"? I'm well past the timeframe suggested by all fusion doctors and there are varying opinions from the ADR doctors, with some saying I can wait until it's "time" and others not. My situation is rather unique in that my condition has developed over some 40 years, perhaps stemming from an accident in my adolescence, and it seems my body is adjusting to a cervical kyphosis that appears extremely severe on an MRI but has yet to create much pain for me...yet. Has anyone else experienced "Charley Horse" in their legs? Is that what the "weakness" starts to feel like? If not, what did the pain feel like that led you to finally opt for the surgery?

Thanks so much
DEC 2010 -- 51 yrs old-- multiple problems with C3-C7 --kyphosis, stenosis, cord flattening that has slowly evolved from a fall at age 12-- not much pain yet but told to fuse 4 levels and looking for alternatives