View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 06:25 AM

Thank you Drew and everyone else for your well wishes. They have helped to lift my spirits. I'm still exhausted. Got about one hour sleep last night. I was worried that Dr Clavel would find something new on the updated MRI I sent over just before I jumped on a plane. I just met with him and all went as expected. I am having a three level ADR surgery at C3 through C6. Interesting that Dr Bierstedt and Dr Zeegers did not think the C3/C4 needs to be replaced. The disc looks good but Dr Clavel said that is where I have my worst cord compression. I trust him more. I'm going to put off the L3/L4 fusion because the issues came around the last five years since I have gained weight. I want so badly to move again and the neck issues have made that impossible. I would rather drop the weight and strengthen my core than put the extra pressure on the adjacent discs from a fusion. I hope this is the right decision and my hip pain goes away in time. Dr Clavel said he quit using the Coflex many years ago because it creates kyphosis and yet it is the latest and greatest in the US recommended to me by Dr. Pettine. I see exercise, weight loss and possibly stem cells in my future. That's the plan. Surgery on my neck Thursday a.m. Since I'm not on narcotics, he seems to think they can manage my pain without them. I hope so because I don't want them! It's so strange being here alone. Good thing I know some Spanish. In a few weeks, it should improve because it's all around me here! I love the people and culture here! Next appointment is with the anesthesiologist and then back to the hotel to rest.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016