Thread: Doctor Problems
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Banned

Bob,

Yes, a mylogram is a valuable test. However, a consultation with Dr. B via email would have provided the knowledge, both specifically and in general, with which Dr. R was unfamiliar. If he then ordered the mylogram, I would have been more receptive to a test that has frequent side effects.

My condition was constantly and consistantly improving. I believe that asking for this test at 3 weeks was premature.

I also believe that any patient should have input into their own treatment. If a doctor is uncomfortable with that, they should tell you so and possibly refer you to another doctor, not just tell you that their protocol is different from Germany's and release you from treatment at four months.

I was not aware he 'dismissed' me until I asked for a prescription for xrays and was told that I was no longer his patient. I even had to wait more than 2 weeks for that response and never even received a reply when I asked exactly what that meant.

I don't think that this physician acted in his patient's best interests but I do appreciate seeing his concerns from another viewpoint.

Dale