View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Default Smoking n ADR

Bertagnoli says he hasn't seen any evidence of smoking being a criteria for failure for ADR. He also says the same with obesity. His site has two peer reviewed papers on these two topics. Just more info. Whether the same holds true for fusion I don't know. I was going American at first n my USA dr said loose weight n quit smoking if you want me to operate.

I started in December 2015 I quit smoking n went on crash diet. Went to this USA dr four moths later at 70 pounds lighter n not smoking for over three months. Then he told me he hasn't done an ADR in 2 years because they're so dangerous n 1 in 20 get a colostomy bag from intestine kicks well that's when I decided to go to Germany or Spain. While Spain seemed more attractive because of that insurance deal, I choose Bertagnoli because of his reputation n standing in the orthopedic surgeon circle. He seems like he is top dog from what one reads in peer reviewed circles. I did try to get Yue but he was very concerned about payment amount if insurance didn't cover it, then his nurse called n she made a few mistakes due to her lack of knowledge n that turned me off.
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
No invasive procedures except steroid shots that did nothing n hurt wicked bad
9/24/2016 Adr surgery Bertagnoli>1 year doing great