View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 04:53 PM

I also have been where you are. I just received my third and final denial. I had two denials from the insurance company itself, and then went to my state Insurance Department. In my state (NY) they use an ombudsman program, which in my mind is useless. I sent in information, my doctor sent in information, and I got my negative response last Friday.

There was a panel of 3, I needed a majority, I got 1 yes and 2 no's. I have no idea where to go from here. The reasons given by the no's were bogus, and I did not feel that my doctor did as much as he could to help me. There was apparently items missing from him. I hope that you get a better result. Apparently your doctor is more involved with his patients than mine was.

I did find that the disc manufacturers themselves were very helpful. The charite disc is manufactured by DePuy Spine, a division of Johnson and Johnson. They have an entire department entitled "Payer Relations"! I called them on a whim (1-866-347-2523). Part of the information they e-mailed me was an outline of how to write your appeal, what to say.

Not that anything I did made a difference. Maybe you will have a different result. And in any case, you won't feel so alone in all of this.