Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmas2000 View Post
Hi Blizzaga, i do not think it will be good to do surgery if one has been suffering on the bed and eating lot and lot of pain killer. For me, i will try to do it soon before that happen. That seem to be really suck as i have been there for 2 months and since i have depression. I am slight better after a spine rehab program but i still looking for surgery as i am nowhere near like a normal person can do...and miss my old days in the gym 2 years ago.
Yes, I know exactly this feeling. I agree that waiting too long will also statistically somewhat reduce your surgical success. On the other hand, one must wait long enough to ensure that the symptoms are not only caused by the common "bulging disc", which can heal in a year or two. We must ensure that, for example, a degenerative change is playing a role and inhibiting the disc from healing. Maybe a good time is around half a year: if things are not improving at all, but rather going worse, in half a year, despite conservative treatments, then, surgery can seriously be considered.

You will probably miss those old days in the gym for the rest of your life (I will), but with a successful surgery, you will at least have some type of "happy days in the gym" to look forward to in the future