View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Smile First post- A long time coming

Hey all,

I wanted to finally post in this forum. I visited this site often before I had my ADR surgery. I was nervous about joining, plus it hurt terribly to use my computer. Sitting was agony, and typing one- handed was a slow process. I would often read this site and dream of becoming a success story. Thanks to an AMAZING surgeon, I am back to getting my life back. Everyday, I attempt to push myself a step or two towards my former life. I have been through a lot these past years. I have dealt with unhelpful doctors, infuriating insurance companies, lawyers, crazy medications, and soul-sucking depression. Yet, I have made it through. I made some incredible friends along the way, and had the opportunity travel to Europe to have my ADR (TDR) surgery performed, too.

My personal goal is to help others who are going through what I went through. I'm not a doctor or anything special. I'm just a SAH mom who wants to help others. Feel free to ask questions about my proceedures and recovery and help me to repay my "kharmic debt."

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.