View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbeam View Post
1)When were you able to see any calcification on the fused level?

2)When did you start outside Physical Therapy?

I had xrays at 6 months and 1 year. The radiologist locally didn't really comment specifically on calcification (I had the xrays in Indiana and I think they were just wondering what the heck they were looking at!) My overseas surgeon just would simply comment that everything was in good alignment, and they didn't say too much. I think they may have said some calcification was started in my 6 month xray. Even less was said at 1 year, but that was not my original surgeon. (A whole other unfortunate story.... my surgeon died).

I had therapy from day one, but I think Dr Clavel has a little different routine. I'm a therapist myself too, so I was constantly seeking help. I had therapy in England the whole stay - just walking the first few days, then pool therapy (which I overdid), then continued pool therapy for I think 12 weeks until I started land-based therapy to start core work and gentle stretching.
Hamstrings were very tight I remember!!!

Check out my blog for better details. I am so fuzzy on it all now. Just really enjoying being normal. It's all so worth it! If I ever need more work done in the future on another level (God forbid, but probably pretty likely), I would strongly consider going to Dr Clavel. You were in good hands with the very best materials out there!
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/