View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:55 PM

Default Wild Wild West

Tatonka_usn,

That is an excellent question about screening possible surgeons and surgeries they propose to finding a surgeon AND procedure you are comfortable with. Unfortunately that quest is yours and yours alone. You will find many here that are or who had gone through that process and I would encourage you to read their posts to understand their reasoning. Possibly to contact them for follow up information.
For myself,one technique I used was when I got my MRI's digitized I sent them to 3 doctors in the US and 3 in Europe. 5 responses got back to me, all 5 said I needed L3 to S1 discs dealt with. They had different procedures but I thought 5 out of 5 was pretty amazing that they all identified the problem discs.
After a bit more research in the procedures that I was interested in I SPECIFICALLY asked in which series which image they saw the problem in in the MRI images I sent them. When that question was answered to my satisfaction I began to get a sense that I was talking to the right people.
I hope more people here will share their decision making process with you as we are all unique and make the decision based upon what we believe is the best for ourselves.

Hope that helps