View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 AM

If I might add my two cents, Malte and/or Ken are both excellent choices for contact with Dr. Bierstedt. They are in constant communication throughout the process and DO NOT leave you hanging. I am aware that Dr. Bierstedt's surgical partner, Dr. Illerhaus, will be in Canada (Edmonton, Manitoba & Ontario) at the end of the month through the first week in September. If interested in an appointment, PM me and I will forward contact information. Dr. Bierstedt's office is very respectful of the requirements of this forum.

I also agree that the choice for alternative surgery overseas is a big decision and one that requires the patient to be his/her own advocate. I, too, became the victim of a doctor's who stood more to gain financially than what was in my best medical interest.

Stonewall has sound advice in that you should send your diagnostics to both US and overseas. Once you've acquired their surgical opinions and have done research, you will know who is YOUR best choice. If you are constantly second-guessing (LIKE ME), you will know you are moving in the wrong direction.

Good luck to you on your quest.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6