View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM

Thanks for all of your replies.

SB sounds like you had a wonderful experience with Dr. Beirstedt, am glad for you. I had spoken with TPatti pre-surgery and have been following his post surgery postings. It sounds like he is doing swell.

NJ Gene: I totally agree with you that there would be accountability even if it was across the country but at least I would be in the same county . Today I spoke with Lacey from Dr. Lauryssen's office and they can offer a consult once they review my MRI'S. I have to decide if I want to pursue this. Dr. Lauryssen has used a few M6 discs of course he won't have the track record of Drs. Beirstedt and Clavel.

As far as the incision, that probably should be the least of my concerns. It just struck me as odd that all the other surgeons I had spoken with, cut horizontally on the crease of the neck. No folks I am not entering a beauty contest where the scar is an issue, I am not that vain.

So here I sit on the fence pondering what to do. I hope I can make my decision sooner than later. Since we all know this is degenerative and I would hate to have to change my signature to needing 4 discs rather than 3.
Neck pain and intermittent finger numbness