View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 06:06 PM

Hey there
I called TBI today to ask about the new Kineflex clinical trial. I have been approved for ADR 2 levels but have yet to get insurance to agree to pay for the surgery. I thought this might be a way to have the surgery and get it paid for.
I was told that they were not sure the company would cover the surgery or not since they have not gotten all the paperwork on this and that many times in the past they had not paid for the surgery itself.
What has been the experience of those of you that have had surgery during the trials here? Did your insurance or you have to pay for the surgery itself?
I have been in the medical field for over 20 years and have never heard of a clinical trial where the patient was responsible for part of the cost of the treatment. The drug companies frequently pay a stipend for time and travel for the patients undergoing thier clinical trial studies. I am not interested in this but found it very strange they would expect you to undergo an experimental surgery and still pay for it?
Thanks for any help in advance
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion