View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:00 PM

Hello Everyone,
I am not new here. I actually have been reading alot of posts for the past 4 years now. I would like to share the great news I got today.
Yes, my one level (L-5,S-1) Prodisc surgery has finally been approved today. I will be getting it done in May. Its still very hard for me to believe it, after waiting so long. I was told so many times in what month it would finally be approved, and then to find out it wasnt. These past 5 years of my life has been the hardest for me. All the pain, suffering and changes that I went through with all of this. The work comp system really makes your life hell. After 3 lawyers, 5 doctors, and who knows how many tests have been done, I hung in there. I know for all of you who are here, know what Im talking about. Only we know what we go through. I know many of you are waiting for approvals through your insurance. Well, if my work comp has finally decided, then I dont see why yours wouldnt.
Unfortunately, I am not done yet. After that, I will be having to get my 2 level cervical Prodisc-C done. I have had approval from Synthes and the FDA for a long time. But, again, my work comp insurance has denied that case. Thats ok, Im not giving up on that either. They WILL approve that one too. So, for all of you here, DONT GIVE UP.
My injury was 6 years ago, and that was when I had to become a stronger person, and fight for whats right for me. You all can do the same.
Dr. Michael Kropf will be performing my surgery.
And I cant wait. I'm going in positive for a better recovery. Good luck to all of you, and for who are waiting, it will happen very soon.

Dina