View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 02:46 AM

Hi Harrison, Annapurna,

First of all thank you very much for such a detailed and quick reply.

Currently I am taking NSAID's but will stop taking them by the end of the week. Are they meant to be taken for a longer time period to prevent auto-fusion?

I am physically feeling very well. No pain. I never felt any pain in my neck, also not prior to the operation. The terrible pain I had in my shoulder and arm was immediately gone after the operation.
Just the numbness in the right hand thumb / lower arm remained. The right arm is still weaker compared to the left arm and the doctor tells me not to worry. It is supposed to cure over time. (regeneration of the pinched nerve)
In 2-4 weeks I will go for rehabilitation to strengthen and train my muscles in such way that I stand up straight and reduce the wear / forces on the neck. (This is how I understood it)
Currently I am still at home to assure that the ADR grows on well to the bone. I do some daily exercises with my hand and arm and take a 8-10km walk to keep my body going.

@Annapurna
Yes you are right the M6C mimics the loading, not only the movement.

I tried the extended search but found no posting regarding a failed M6C that had to be removed. (Like the one I found in a German forum). Is there any experience in this forum for failed M6C's that I missed, where the M6C prosthesis actually broke after some years?

Thank you for the information on the non-destructive evaluation of the ADR. My orthopaedic gave a similar answer and advised a yearly check up by X-ray.
Pain vanished - Numness remains - Strength in right arm not fully recovered