View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post

I personally do not like the myriad parts and materials in the M6 and have been vocal about this for years. Hopefully, my opinion doesn't matter much.

I just read this from Dr. Zeegers website and will have to ask him for further clarification, however, I wonder if anyone here already knows why Zeegers prefers the L Activ over the M6. Is it a fiscal decision, I doubt it, but you never know. Here's Dr. Zeegers quote below.

Quote:
Nowadays he is using of one of the best implant on the market, the Activ L Lumbar Artificial Disc. Rarely I am using M6-L artificial disc replacement in the lumbar area.
So then... what gives?

I like the facet protection of the M 6, however, I too am wary of the complexity of the device. I have no problem with polymers themselves, the actual substance. Its very hardy stuff. If anyone doubts that look up 'Glock 26 torture test' online. Polymers have been in handguns for years with fantastic success and they are durable.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.