View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 05:20 AM

Hello everyone. I am new to this board but have found great information about ADR.

I injured my back gardening in 2002. Like always, I pushed myself even though my back was hurting. I was bending over to pick up the last bag of mulch and felt a jolt of pain in my lower back. I found out I have a bulged disc at L4/L5. The pain has gradually gotten worse since 2002 and I knew I had to do something about it in early 2005. I scheduled an appointment with a nurosurgen and he recommended spinal fusion. After doing research on people who had spinal fusion I was horrified of the outcome they had. I learned about ADR from a friend and started doing the research in July 2005. I found a great doctor doctor here in the New Orleans area who has determined I am a candidate for the ADR August, 2005. Hurricane Katrina and Rita set me back a bit but now I'm waiting on my insurace company to approve the surgery. It is late October, 2005 and I'm nervous that my health insurance company won't cover ADR. I have Humana insurace but can switch to United Health Care or Coventry HMO. Can anyone tell me if United Health Care covers this or if Humana does? I know Humana is only offered in Louisiana. I'm hoping someone can give me information on what insurance companies will approve the surgery. I don't have the money to go overseas to have this done and I don't want a spinal fusion. I'm just worried sick about this.