View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:10 PM

Unhappy Really, really, really confused!!

I worked from home today as my pain is so bad I really needed a break from the 65 mi (each way) commute to the office at least. I decided between work-related tasks that I would try to find this rumored, two thousand page or so, government health care proposal to begin trying to decide what my feelings or thoughts are on it. I found this forum thread and have read through it ...

Perhaps it's my medication, ignorance, low intelligence, or some mix of all three but I don't know where to begin! I am a registered Independent - not Democrat or Republican. I cannot even blindly follow some political allegiance as I have none. I do not trust ANY politician. Furthermore, I believe that in our great country money is the driving force behind everything. I mean EVERYTHING - and health care is huge money!

The rich are going to ensure that they continue to get richer at whatever cost, and the wealthy are the people who get their peers elected to every government position (not "we the people"!) From what I've gathered, the government's selling point on this "plan" (which as I said is something very vague to me) is that those with no medical insurance need to be provided with it. That certainly sounds nice doesn't it? The rich (who will continue as always to continue to get richer) are most certainly not going to foot the bill, so instead it must be levied upon the ever-shrinking middle class and even the lower (employed) class of people.

My driving reason for attempting to add my thoughts to this thread is that there were several "calls to action", and why aren't people like myself engaging in the fight? I think the answer is that I am not alone in completely not understanding what this government health care really is, what it means (specifically to me), and where to obtain unbiased documentation. I believe that this is no accident or oversight either. Those who have authored this document certainly do not want the "public" to actually know anything!

If by chance anyone could provide a link or some other suggestion for the rest of us to actually have a way to read and review this maybe that would help? That's assuming that the language isn't the secret art of "legalise" which it likely is! I know that the opening post to this thread contained a link to the original document. That's been changed since it was originally posted though, right? If not, I'll go there and start reading ....

Thank you for all your opinions. I have more confidence in the honesty here than I typically do from others. I know we here are all in the same boat to some degree, and that medical insurance has become an enormous factor in all of our lives (really kinda' ridiculous isn't it!).

Thanks again ...
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....