View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 09:27 AM

Jefferson

It sounds like you've been through the wringer and you're still there! I feel for you. It really does sound like the system is shafting you. Right now, I'd advise that your first defense is education. Read as much as you can on this site about your condition to learn what is wrong with your body. Knowledge is power and the more you know about exactly what's going on with your injury/disease and what possible solutions you might find the better chance you stand of actually achieving a solution.

I think if I were in your shoes I'd be trying to find a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice and governmental lawsuits, if for no other reason than to see if you have some legal avenue for redress. Here is just one link I stumbled upon recently:

http://neurolaw.com/Index.cfm?file=HomeIndex.htm

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.