View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 PM

Robert g,
thanks for responding. After reviewing my member handbook the only policy only states;

" expenses and associated expenses incurred for services and supplies for experimental, investigational, or unproven services, treatments, devices and pharmacological regimens, except for services which are otherwise experimental, investigational, or unproven that are deemed to be, in the company's judgement , covered transplant services. The fact that a experimental, investigational, or unproven service, treatment, device, and pharmacological regimen, is the only available treatment for a particular condition will not result in coverage if the procedure is considered to be experimental, investigational or unproven in the treatment of that particular condition."

there are no definitions of an unproven service, or are thier any provisions/exclusions that state a denial of coverage do to tha lack of long term evidence.

I am not the past at understanding the terminology they use in their member handbook, so if you can give me any advice i would really appreciate it .
Thanks so much gary